1 TB Olive oil
2 small onions chopped
2 cloves garlic pressed
1 raw red pepper chopped
10 oz mushrooms sliced
1/3 head cauliflower chopped
16 oz jar roasted red pepper drained, rinsed and coarsely chopped
½- 1 c vegetable broth
½ c Feta cheese crumbled
13 oz box whole wheat pasta OR
1 spaghetti squash halved and roasted
Chopped parsley or oregano for garnish
Instructions for Roasting Spaghetti Squash: If using Spaghetti Squash plan for 1 hour of roasting time.
1. Halve the squash, remove seeds and pulp.
2. Coat the inside with cooking spray or brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
3. Place on a baking sheet inside UP and roast for 60 minutes at 375 degrees.
4. Removed, let cool enough to handle, removed the spaghetti from the skin, keep warm.
Instructions for Red Pepper sauce: About 30 minutes into the squash baking time;
1. In a sauce pan combine one chopped onion and cauliflower with broth to cover vegetables. Boil until everything is soft.
2. While cauliflower is cooking, sauté the other onion, garlic, red pepper, and mushrooms until onion is translucent and pepper and mushrooms are soft, or the texture you like for eating.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese to the vegetables and set aside.
4. When the cauliflower is soft, add the chopped roasted red pepper and the remaining feta cheese to the mixture, stir and then drain and set aside the liquid.
5. Place the vegetables in the blender and puree until very smooth, adding broth as needed until the sauce is the consistency you like.
6. Combine the sauce with the sautéed vegetables.
7. Serve over the spaghetti squash or whole wheat pasta with chopped parsley, chives, basil or oregano as garnish.